28 July 2014

Wall-to-Wall Dead (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #6)Wall-to-Wall Dead by Jennie Bentley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved the tv show Murder She Wrote and I loved Agatha Christie's heroine as well. Jennie Bentley ranks right up there with her DIY series in which former NY textile designer moves to small town Maine and literally stumbles into one murder case after another. The books are easy to read, light mysteries. In this one Avery and Derek begin a remodeling job in a condo where a nosey old lady gives everyone much grief ... until she gets murdered! Then another building resident gets murdered and the dirty laundry is left to air.

A one afternoon read and a nice excuse to slip away from the to do list. The design tips at the end are a nice extra. The book could easily be read as a stand alone or as part of the series. That unfortunately is also the one thing I found myself annoyed at. Bentley flashes back too much sometimes.

View all my reviews
Post a Comment