17 November 2015

Book Review: Inferno

Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4)Inferno by Dan Brown
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Finally finished. Having really enjoyed Dan Brown's previous Robert Langdon stories, I was excited for this one. The professor wakes up in an Italian hospital with no memory of his previous three days. Brown incorporates Dante's Inferno throughout the novel in an intriguing thriller mixed with scientific theories and philosophical discussions concerning the overpopulation of the world.

The first two thirds of the novel moved fast. It was interesting. I found myself fearing for Langdon's safety. I found myself surprised at Sienna Brooks, the one person Langdon thought he could trust when he woke up in a strange hospital in Italy with no memory. I found myself rooting for Langdon and Brooks as they were chased throughout Italy.

Then the intensity just kind died. I found myself scolding the characters and wishing they would find the virus already so I could shelve the book. I did finish it and I am glad. There is a nice twist leading to an interesting end. The loose ends all get tied up neatly and yes, I will seek out another of Brown's books ... just not immediately.

View all my reviews

© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman, 2015
Post a Comment