09 February 2016

Today's doctor visit

Last Thursday I went to my chiropractor and he asked how I was feeling. My back felt better. I was walking without much pain and I had not had to take an Aleve that day. However, I told him, my chest hurt the day before. It was just a heaviness. So he took my blood pressure. It was 143/118. Then he strongly suggested I schedule a visit with my family doctor.

On the way home, I literally had to pass the doctor so I just stopped in. The nurse took it again and now it was 130/90. Better but my doctor wanted to see me today.

Today, I went to the doctor again. My blood pressure this morning was 110/80. Much better but since I am T2 diabetic, he wants to play it safe and schedule me a stress test. Just the name of it is stressing!

The "normal" figures for blood pressure - I should note - is 120/80. High blood pressure is a major global health risk. In 2005, according to precisionnutrition.com, 395,000 Americans died due to high blood pressure. Only smoking causes more deaths.

There are a lot of risk factors as well as life choices that contribute to your risk of high blood pressure, which in turn leads to an elevated risk of heart disease.

© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman, 2016
Post a Comment