09 April 2016

Review: Aunty Lee's Chilled Revenge by Ovidia Yu

Aunty Lee's Chilled Revenge (Singaporean Mystery, #3)Aunty Lee's Chilled Revenge by Ovidia Yu
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Chilled Revenge is the third in the Aunty Lee series by Ovidia Yu. I had not read the first two but this little murder mystery is easily a stand alone novel. To be honest, I was not familiar with the Aunty Lee character or even Ovidia Yu until I won this novel in a Goodreads giveaway. I will now keep an eye out for both!

Aunty Lee of Singapore can easily be compared to our "Jessica" from the Murder She Wrote series here in the US. Murder and mystery seem to follow her but she deciphers all the clues, understands human nature and puts it all together to help the local police solve the crime.

While I had the answer figured out about halfway through, Yu did an excellent job shuffling characters and background information so that the end was in fact a nice twist.

A great read. If you like murder mystery novels, you will enjoy this one.

The only issue (for lack of a better word) I had is that sometimes there seemed to be translation issues or perhaps colloquialisms did not translate adequately.

View all my reviews

© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman, 2016
Post a Comment