05 May 2016

Majoram essential oil soothes sore muscles

Yesterday I wiped out at the nursery. The floor was wet from watering flowers and plants under the roof. We were rearranging and I was so glad to be moving around and changing out things again. I love displaying all the colorful blooms, especially the sale items.

Anyway, I turned direction too quickly and slid on a puddle. Have you ever hydroplaned in a car? Well that is exactly what I did. I was more embarrassed than hurt at the time. Two co-workers were there and one customer and the sound of me hitting the cement floor …

When I got in from work last night, I was finally starting to feel the muscle pain. My husband – God love him – rubbed majoram oil on my back and my legs and my right arm and my neck. Then I slept. I’m not going to lie – I hurt this morning, but I was able to get some sleep and relief.

Why majoram? Majoram essential oil is an antispasmodic, antiseptic, sedative substance. It also, according to several sources, is an “analgesic, antispasmodic, anaphrodisiac, antiseptic, antiviral, bactericidal, carminative, cephalic, cordial, diaphoretic, digestive, diuretic, emenagogue, expectorant, fungicidal, hypotensive, laxative, nervine, sedative, stomachic, vasodilator and vulnerary substance.”

Its scientific name is Origanum majorana. The essential oil is extracted from this popular herb by steam distillation of its leaves.

Other essential oils that are good for fighting inflammation and relieving muscle pain are: chamomile, clary sage, eucalyptus, frankincense, ginger, juniper, lavender, peppermint, rosemary, sandalwood, thyme, and yarrow. Perhaps a cup of chamomile tea would be good as I head out to work this morning!

If you are interested in essential oils, click HERE and you will be redirected to Young Living. You can either choose to be a distributor or a customer. You can also contact me directly via email if you are interested in learning more. You can also comment here with your questions or comments!

Disclaimer: Please consult a medical professional before changing your diet, exercise program, or before trying any natural remedies.

© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman, 2016
Post a Comment